Thoughts from the Trainees:
My name is Bonnie. I have been coming to Flock 'n Paws for, ummm, a long time. I don't really remember how long, but it seems like forever. When I was little, I didn't have friends, it was just my mom and me. Then the little humans that would come visit my mom and dad were crazy and I just didn't know what to do. They made me go crazy. It was like I had another dog roar out from inside me to do bad things. I don't like to talk about it.
Anyway, I started visiting the Redsky gang a lot and now I have a bunch of friends. I get to visit two days each week, usually. I get to run with everyone in the morning, play most of the day, and learn something new every day. My favorite is when I get to go herd the sheep or play agility, but it's all fun.
Oh, and I have a best friend now! She's so cool. She says she got to write on the blog last time. She also lives somewhere else but gets to stay with the Redsky gang for camp. Her name is Tess, and we play and play and play as much as we can.
Anyway, here's a list of what I have learned....
1. I don't have to pull on my leash to walk anywhere. I get there a lot faster if I just walk at the human's pace.
2. Sheep herding is fun.
3. Dogs like me a lot more if I don't body slam them, growl at them, or treat them like they are sheep.
4. Just because the dogs are in the house with me does not mean they are going to steal my bones or my toys.
5. My mom can pet other dogs but still loves me more than any of the other dogs.
6. Little humans are usually well behaved, and if they're not, my mom will stop them. I don't need to be the fun police. (This is the hardest for me because my evil twin likes to sneak out sometimes. I'm getting her trained, though.)
7. Kristin takes me to do fun things, and teaches my mom how to do fun stuff too. My mom is doing agility now, so I'm teaching her... with Kristin's help.
8. I can rule the roost at home without getting in trouble. It's easy. All I have to do is be nice to everyone, and then my mom does whatever I want. It's great!
9. There is always more to learn, but now I know that learning is fun. And it makes my mom and dad really happy when I learn new things.